Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Safe and Sound

This is going to be a quick post because I am beyond exhausted but just wanted to let everyone know I arrived this evening in St. Kitts safely with only two luggage bags missing (the only two I brought!) I knew that my travel day was going too good to be true so when I got to St. Kitts and was told my luggage was still in St. Maartin I wasn't too surprised.

Once I got to the Royal St. Kitts where I will be living (around 10:45 pm) they said my room wasn't ready so they put me up in a different room for the night. To be honest I just wanted a bed to sleep in because I have been up since 3 am and traveling all day really took it out of me. I am excited and relieved to be here but feeling a bit alone. I was able to skype my parents and Tom tonight which is a big comfort but just not the same as having them in real life!

I don't get any break though, have to be up at 7 am for school orientation and need to get on the horn with the airlines and track down my luggage. With the way I'm sweating in this humidity one t-shirt sure isn't going to last me long...too much information??

Love and miss, another entry to come soon once I get a chance to check out the campus!

Those of you who know my good friend Marie say a prayer for her safety as well. She is on her way to London to study abroad this semester. Go get 'em girl!

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy to hear you have arrived safely. We love you!!!!! Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete