Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Independence Day!



How many people can take a study break in a place like this?!

This weekend is St. Kitts Independence celebration. And what that means for students is that we get a three day weekend! With my first Anatomy exam looming a week away (yikes!) I've been hitting the books really hard. It was a long weekend of studying so today Leisa and I took a well deserved break.

We went to the beach right across the street from where we live and soaked up some Vitamin D. The water is so blue and so clear here, you can see straight down to the bottom. Our break was only about an hour long but it felt great to get out of my room and clear my mind for a bit. You would not believe how warm the water is here. I'm used to swimming in the cold lakes of WI so here the ocean feels like bath water!

Finally to top it off we got pictures with monkeys. The monkeys are so cute and they crawl right into your lap. What a great study break, now time to get back to the books!

love and miss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment