Saturday, September 4, 2010

More Pictures!





Here are some more pictures! I officially have all my luggage and have settled into my room.

The pictures are from this weekend. The school threw a welcome party for all new students on Saturday. The party was on the other side of the island so it was my first chance to see more of my new home!

The pictures of the water and the beach restaurant are where the party was held. The beach was located in this beautiful cove surrounded by mountains, the water was crystal clear and it is still hard to believe that this is my new home. I feel like I'm on a vacation but I know that will change when we begin class on Monday.

My favorite picture is the one where I am looking down on mountains and the ocean. This is during our drive to the other side of the island. I love it because on the left you see the Atlantic Ocean and on the right is the Caribbean Sea. So beautiful!

The people here are all very friendly and it has been fun meeting new people from all over the United States and Canada. In the last picture you see me and Leisa. Her and I have become really good friends and do just about everything together. She was a real life saver while I was here without any luggage. She made me dinner, let me borrow her clothes, and gave me whatever else I didn't have.

I went grocery shopping for the first time also. This was an experience! You can use US dollars at many places on the island but most places use EC's which is the East Caribbean dollar. 2.7 EC is equivalent to $1 US. I figured out that I spent $53 US and I feel like I did not buy very much at all! Looks like I'll be snacking on granola bars!

This is all for now. I'm probably leaving things out so if you have any questions you want me to answer then you can post them in the comment box below and I will do my best! I begin class on Monday so it's time to focus!

I love and miss everybody back home but thanks to skype I've been able to see my parents and Tom everyday and have talked to many friends back home. I am using magic jack which is an internet phone that allows me to call the United States and allows people in the US to call me just as if I were in the states!! As long as it is plugged into my computer anyone can call. If you want to call just let me know and I can get you my number!

Love and miss!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment