Thursday, September 9, 2010

Settling in





I am back again! I'm starting to get settled in here and bit by bit I am learning the island better. It actually feels much larger than I had expected! The island is about 27 miles long but it takes quite a while to get places because the roads aren't that great and the terrain is very mountainous.

You can see I put up a picture of my most delicious meal yet, a chicken sandwich. Boring you say?? Not for me! I'm eating so healthy its disgusting. Not by choice, simply because I have nothing but healthy stuff to eat...boring!

I posted a picture of the view from my balcony along with my beautiful new conch shell. I also posted pictures of my room. In one photo you can see my tv room/office area and the other you can see my bedroom/kitchen. Pretty spacious.

Almost finished with the first week of classes. As my Mom said, one week of medical school down! (many many many more to go) My professors all seem good and haven't hesitated to start throwing the material at us. I have cellular and molecular biology, histology, and gross anatomy this semester and already have run through over 200 slides (3 full topics) in my cell bio class. The material has been mostly review thus far so I'm brushing up on things I once knew. I'm doing my best to stay on top of the material because I know the second I allow myself to get behind I will become overwhelmed with the sheer amount of information.

We get into the dissection lab tomorrow with our first dissection being the back. We got to meet our cadavers yesterday as well as the groups we will be working with. The lab is state of the art and beautifully done with a high tech air filtration system. They have done a great job with the campus! That's all I have in me for tonight, I'm exhausted and still trying to get used to the early mornings and LONG days.

love and miss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment