Thursday, May 26, 2011

23rd Birthday :)






Just a quick little post to let everyone know that my birthday was a success! Unfortunately Wednesday is our longest day of class so we didn't get out until 5, two hours of every class is exhausting! Went home to take a little nap and then it was time to get dressed and head out!

We went to dinner at Buddie's, a restaurant on the strip, and had a great turn out of 15 people. I got an amazing dinner of BBQ ribs, always a treat when I get a good meal around here. Two mojitos and a full belly later we headed over to Bobsy's which has karaoke every Wednesday night. Spent the rest of the night there enjoying the singing and was even serenaded by Lara and Dorothy with a great rendition of "The Thong Song" (picture included).

Birthdays spent without loved ones back home are just another sacrifice we make living here. Made me sad to spend it away from family and friends but made me SO grateful for the amazing people I have met here. My friends here really have become my second family and they made sure I felt loved on my special day :) don't know what I would do without these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment