Saturday, November 13, 2010

Countdown!

It's time for yet another exam here on the beautiful island of St. Kitts. Included this photo of our whole class from the white coat ceremony, thought it was a great picture.

Anatomy exam on Monday. This is exam is upper and lower limbs and we've only had 2.5 weeks to learn this section. The musculature and neurovasculature supply to the limbs is a lot of information to learn in this amount of time. Needless to say I have spent most of my days and evenings hunched over a cadaver in the Anatomy lab. Beginning to feel like formaldehyde is my new perfume. Hoping it will all pay off and I can keep my good grade going in this class. Have thought about possibly being a TA next semester.

Tom will be here in 4 DAYS!!! I'm not sure how to explain how badly I am in need of someone from home. Two and a half months is a long time to go without seeing any of your family and friends, especially when going through the most difficult and stressful experience of my life. Tom will be here Wednesday through Sunday and is bringing me lots of goodies from my family and the Diedrick family. Yay! After Tom leaves I only have to grind out one more month here and then I'll be home for Christmas. The end is near!! (Temporary end that is)

Regardless, I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by here. Leisa and I are looking at a new apartment on Monday. Hopefully it will be nice and we'll have a new, more cockroach-free home, for when we come back in January. Lots of other students are signing leases there and I would stay in Frigate Bay where I live now. Keep your fingers crossed!

My parents are saying many people back home have been following my blog and checking in on how I'm doing. Thank you so much! It's easy sometimes to feel really cut off from life back home and just hearing little things like that make my day. Back to Anatomy but I love and miss everyone and I'll be back in the states in 36 days!!! (but who's counting right...)

No comments:

Post a Comment