Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Packing & Preparing!

Thought I would kick off this blog with my first post!

My departure is officially two weeks from today, I leave September 1st. I'm attempting to get organized enough to pack but this whole process has been far more complicated than I imagined. I've been organizing health records, appointments, finances, and attempting to see as many family members and friends as I can.

I feel like I'm on auto-pilot these last couple weeks. I thought by now I would be feeling some type of overwhelming emotion; excited, anxious, nervous, something?! But I don't. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that I am leaving the country for 15 months. How do you pack your entire life into two suit cases, weighing no more than 50 lbs a piece? I've accepted the fact that I cannot bring everything I would like to and some comforts from home must be left behind. I just don't know how to leave behind all the people I love.

I am so grateful and excited to have this opportunity and cannot wait to embark on this incredible next chapter of my life. If your reading this then you are a person who is important and who I will most likely turn to for support. I will need all the support and encouragement I can get!

Tom and I are taking a road trip for a couple days to visit Mal and see a concert. My last rendezvous before I head out into the world! After that I will be back home with my family until I leave. You'll hear from me again soon!

Love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment