Thursday, April 12, 2012

Finishing up fifth semester!

Hello everybody! This entry is for Grandpa Pete because he gave me a kick in the pants saying it had been WAY too long since I've written in my blog and the man was right. In my last entry I mentioned how the "weeks were flying by," those weeks turned into months and now here I am in my last week of fifth semester. My time living in Maine has been a quick one and I have thoroughly enjoyed this state. Portland really is a beautiful city and spring has breathed new life into it. I wish I could see more of the summer here, but it is time for this nomad to return home! The last 6 weeks have been filled with a Kaplan prep course, 6 days a week 9 hours a day. I am preparing for my board exams which I will take sometime this summer. Terrifying to be preparing for the biggest exam of my life but I am ready for the next step. Sick of sitting in classrooms and I itch to put my knowledge into practice. My parents fly out here April 20th, we will explore the east coast for a few days and then drive back to WI together. Looking forward to seeing my family again, 4 months apart is always too long! I will return back to Wisconsin where I will live and study at home until I am ready to take my exam. I'm sure most people remember my little ACL mishap, well I plan to have knee surgery on May 1. I will be able to rehab my knee while I study at home, it has been 5 months since I have been able to go for a run and I cannot wait until my knee is repaired and I can do what I love again. This'll be the first time I have lived at home in five years so fingers crossed that the 'rents don't get sick of me. Chase will also be at home this summer and I could almost burst from excitement to be around my family again. I included a picture from the one and only time I've ever been to a beach here. Way too cold to swim, but a pretty cool pic nonetheless. Back to WI in 2 weeks, hope all is well with everyone back home! Love, Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment